Thursday 11 October 2018

Wednsday's Training

A unseasonably warm October afternoon cut my run a little shorter than usual, much to my annoyance. I enjoy running in the sun, but this time I ran out of water. Wasn't expecting it to be as hot as that! Either I need to run when it's colder, or bring extra water - but nobody wants to be the sad sack running around a park with a bottle of water in each hand.




In other news, a friend of mine has expressed interest in applying and running the marathon with me! This is great news - it would be fantastic to run and train with a friend, especially because he's so much fitter than I am. He ran the Bristol 10k in just under forty minutes a few months prior, so he knows what he's doing. I hope to have more updates soon.


I've also set up a Facebook page to promote my progress and try to get more people involved in sponsoring me. For me, the scariest part of this entire journey is raising the £2,000 needed for Crisis. Running 26 miles seems a lot less daunting, somehow.


Today is Thursday, so I'll be taking the day off from training, but I continue to monitor my food intake, drink plenty of water, and take an energetic walk around the park on my work lunch break. Never stop training. Never stop moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment