Wednesday 17 October 2018

So far, so good


First thing's first: I've set up a Facebook page to gain additional support and try to shove my efforts down the throats of as many people as possible. If you have Facebook and want additional pictures of a fat guy huffing and puffing his way through some kind of vague fitness regime, come and follow me. I'll be keeping this blog alive to post my thoughts, feelings and general impressions of the process over the next six months.


At the moment, I'm running three times a week, as I've mentioned before. My current schedule is Monday, Wednesday, Friday, though this is always subject to change, depending on the weather/ available time/ my energy levels. My attitude is that I need to run three times a week. That's what the Couch to 5K app had me doing, that's what trainers at the gym recommend, that's what I'll stick to.


The only way to get good at something is to do it repeatedly. Right now, I'm clocking in good times, great distances, and remaining on my feet once the run ends. Over the course of my three runs, I'm averaging about the same distance as the Marathon itself. (If I can run it in a week, I'll be in good standing!)


So far, so good. But the weather is starting to change for the worse. I'm wearing long-sleeved running tops and shower-proof jackets. I can feel a bitter chill starting to nip at my arms in the final stretches. Time will tell if this winter will be decent enough for continued training, or if I'll be forced to re-join the gym and hit the treadmill again. That's the last thing I want to do. There's nothing as bland and uninteresting as staring at a blank wall or a TV screen for hours on end. Time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment