Tuesday 29 January 2019

Slow, painful progress

Yesterday, I ran for over eight miles and today my knees are still attached. This is amazing progress! I thought there would be trouble when my right knee threatened to pop within the first half mile, but I made the choice to press on and never had any more problems. The total run went pretty well and today my knee is aching, but no more than usual. Lately my knee has felt like someone is trying to pull out all the cartilage using an ice pick, but that's not the case right now. My hard work has been paying off! This is what progress feels like.

My longest run in a while!
I concluded last night's run with a decent session of leg stretches. Before now, I was only doing one or two pulls at the end of a run, but last night I spent over ten minutes working on getting my legs back into place. The difference is definitely noticable and I'm feeling the benefits of taking the time to stretch out the muscles. I just hope it's not too late and no permenant damage has been done.

It was a dark and cold night when I hit the road yesterday, but I soon warmed up as the miles began to slowly roll away. There were a great many other people out and about on their own evenings runs, too, which I found heartwarming. I wonder what their stories were. Are they also training for marathons? Maybe they're getting ready for a 10K? Or perhaps they wanted to lose some weight and make positive changes? Either way, I wish them all the best of luck. I hope our paths briefly cross again in the future.
I should get the back of my hi-viz embroided, like a football shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment